Holistic Women’s Healthcare
Rebecca offers a unique blend of her knowledge as an allopathic physician with training in herbal, physical and energetic modalities.
Your initial session includes:
* Comprehensive review of your unique health history and current reproductive and digestive concerns
* Bodywork session tailored to your needs including one or more of the following: Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy, Holistic Pelvic Care, Craniosacral therapy (see more specific information about these modalities below)
* Instruction in Self Care techniques to continue at the healing at home
* Recommendations of complimentary therapies and lifestyle changes to support your health and wellness
* Recommendations of herbal therapies if indicated
I work in partnership with my clients to develop individualized programs to address their needs and bring long-lasting changes to their overall health. Typically, 2-4 sessions are required to address most conditions. I look forward to working with you!
“I am doing great, feeling wonderful, refreshed, strong and confident. I truly think that the kind of work you do is incredible and I can’t say enough good things about it and how much women should take this kind of care more seriously.”
Holistic Pelvic Care
Holistic Pelvic Care™ (HPC) is a practice consisting of physical and energetic tools designed to evaluate and restore balance in the pelvic space of the female body. Tami Kent, MS, a women’s health therapist pioneered HPC which helps to increase the strength of core muscles, enhance pelvic energy vitality, improve sensation and bring resonance to the pelvic bowl.
What types of pelvic symptoms may be addressed by HPC?
Any pelvic imbalance is addressed by hands-on pelvic care including:
- Urinary leakage (incontinence)
- Interstitial cystitis
- Postpartum pelvic pain and imbalances (“things just don’t feel quite right down there since having the baby”)
- Fertility challenges, difficulty conceiving
- Pelvic pain, painful intercourse, vaginismus
- Pelvic heaviness/fullness, cystocele, rectocele, pelvic organ prolapse
- Endometriosis, painful menstrual periods
What if I don’t have any symptoms?
The goal of HPC is to empower a woman to inhabit her pelvic space and occupy her feminine ground physically, energetically, emotionally, and spiritually. The pelvis serves a woman in many ways and yet receives little direct care. Many women in our society have never connected with their own pelvic space. The benefits of reconnecting with this sacred space include increased vitality, creativity and a deep sense of well-being.
What can I expect in a HPC session?
Your session will begin with a detailed intake including history and goals. We will introduce/review pelvic anatomy and I will conduct a brief pelvic evaluation including palpation and identification of internal pelvic trigger points and tension patterns. The assessment is followed by treatment to balance the pelvis. This includes intervaginal massage with myofascial release and trigger point work in combination with breathwork and visualization tools to assist core physical and energetic balance.
What effects will I notice after a HPC session?
Women describe immediate effects including a new internal awareness and sense of well-being in the core. Women also describe feeling more relaxed and centered, a greater sense of support, and increased strength in their pelvic muscles. On a clinical level, the internal massage increases blood and energy flow, revitalizing a woman’s root and enhancing her overall pelvic health.
Is pelvic massage painful?
The pelvic massage is gentle and respectful, following the lead of the body. It should never hurt and the response of a woman’s body guides the depth and direction of the hands-on work. Though HPC is gentle, the effects are profound and women often notice a change with even one session.
Want to learn more?
Get the book: click here
Visit Tami Kent’s website: click here
Hear Tami and other women speak about her book Wild Feminine- Finding Power, Spirit and Joy in the Female Body: click here